Cycling has become quite the trend over the past several years. Not only is it a health benefit, but it is also good for the environment and it is quite a fun hobby. Since 1984, Bicycles Unlimited has been Southern Utah’s leading bicycle shop. We are passionate about cycling and we want to bring that passion to you as well.
It’s very important to take good care of your bicycle. Keeping it in good working order will keep your bike alive and ready for use for years to come. Bicycles Unlimited offers bike servicing and repairs. Depending on how often you use your bicycle will determine how often you should have your bicycle serviced. If you ride your bicycle on a frequent basis, it is recommended to do a general cleaning yourself about once a month. This can include a basic rinse and wipe down and also using a degreaser and reapplying lubricants. A major tune-up service should be done on your bicycle once a year. This service should also be done if you haven’t ridden your bicycle for a long period of time. Bicycles Unlimited major tune-up includes all that is offered within the basic tune-up and more.
If you aren’t quite ready to make the jump to purchase a bike of your own, we offer bike rentals. You can try out a bicycle and see if you like it or not. Or, if you are in the St. George area looking for something to do, rent a bike for an afternoon and go for a cruise. With several different bike styles to choose from we are sure you’ll find something you’ll enjoy. Along with bike rentals we offer hitch racks and tailgate mats for you to rent as well.
Bikes for Sale
At Bicycles Unlimited we have a wide variety of bikes for sale.
2019 Trek Marlin 5
One of the most sought out bicycles for sale we have is the 2019 Trek Marlin 5, and we can see why! Not only is it a beast on the trail, but it also doubles as a daily commuter. With this bicycle, you get the best of both worlds in one bike. The features alone should be enough to sell you, but what about an affordable price tag? The Trek Marlin 5 is all around a great bike for sale.
The Trek Marlin 5 comes in both women’s size and men’s size. It’s a real mountain bike that’s also perfectly suited to daily commutes, rides around campus, or just getting from A to B on any surface. Smaller frame sizes (13.5˝ and 15.5˝) have short-reach brake levers that make it easier and more comfortable for riders with smaller hands to brake confidently. It has separate brake and shift levers (a feature that’s common on more expensive mountain bikes) so you can fine-tune the positioning for comfort. Rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorize, so your mountain bike can double as a rugged commuter. Like every model in the Marlin family, it’s backed by Trek’s lifetime warranty
Along with the Trek Marlin 5, we carry the following types of bikes for sale:
- BMX: BMX stands for bicycle motocross. This type of bicycle is an off-road sport bicycle and used for racing and stunt riding. BMX bikes are designed for shorter sprints and stunting as opposed to mountain bikes that are made for longer trail riding with rougher terrain. The frames of BMX bikes are smaller, lighter and sturdier than others. The knobby, thick tires allow for them to grip rough terrains and allow for higher impact. This type of bike can be used for around-town riding but is mainly used for stunt off-road riding.
- City/Hybrid: This type of bike is light and versatile. It’s a general-purpose bike often used for commuting because of its ability to traverse a variety of terrains and conditions. The tires are wider than road bikes but thinner than mountain bikes. This allows you to ride on city road but also light off-road use as well, such as gravel or dirt paths. They feature high gear ratios allowing you to shift easily and change your pedaling difficulty.
- E-Bicycles: The e-bicycle, or the electric bicycle, is a new type of fun. This bicycle is integrated with an electric motor allowing you to propel yourself forward with more than just your leg power. E-bicycles can go to speeds upwards of 30 mph! This bicycle can help replace your car for around-town commuting. Riding your bicycle to work will take on a new meaning. This easy-breezy riding will have you arriving without being covered in sweat. The electric bicycle’s battery can easily be charged at any household outlet allowing you to be ready to roll at any time.
- Mountain: This type of bike is built for exactly what it’s called, mountains, or off-road riding. These bikes are built for durability and are a bit more rugged than other bikes because of the expected rough riding. The frame is quite sturdy and is equipped with more intense front-end and rear suspension over other bikes. Most come with 20 plus speeds and high gear ratios, allowing you to adjust for the different types of trails you may experience. The tires are wider and have more tread than other bikes would accommodate for the rugged terrains.
- Road: This type of bike is extremely light and made for speed. Sometimes these bikes are referred to as racing bicycles. They are meant to be ridden on paved roads and are built to be ridden frequently and for long periods of time. The tires are quite skinny to help minimize road resistance and provide more aerodynamics. A big difference from this bike to others are the handlebars. Road bicycle handlebars are dropped to allow the rider to lean forward, creating less air resistance.